Not Me! Last Thursday I got a phone message asking me to send 24 uniced cupcakes to school for Valentines so the kids in Miss Grimms class could decorate them. Well Miss Grimm is Bailey's teacher, but somehow I got it in my mind that it was for Cody's class. So that night Cody got to choose what kind of cupcakes and he helped me bake them. I told him that we didn't need to ice them because another mom was bringing icing and they would get to decorate them in class, how fun! Well the next day I get a frantic message from Bailey's room mother wondering where the cupcakes are! By the time I got the message and called back it was too late to do anything. She had them decorate gramham crackers instead. I felt so bad, I was sick. And when Bailey came home she said she almost cried in class. They asked her where the cupcakes were that her mom was supposed to send and the poor girl didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Mean while Cody happily takes his lovely uniced cupcakes to class and asks the teacher if the other mom brought the icing to decorate. His teacher probably thinks I'm and idiot! Cody didn't mind, his class ate them with the pretty iced cupcakes that another mom sent in and he told me "Mom our cupcakes were really good and chocolatey!"
So I really don't think that I will be up for any mother of the year awards for this one!
MAY 2015
11 years ago

6 comments:
Lol, that is funny, and I think it could happen to anyone! :) At least Cody appreciated the cupcakes!
Too Funny! Hey it happens! Did you see what I let Claire do to her hand? Hopefully you had a great weekend at your parents to make up for it! And don't worry, you are still a GREAT mom!
I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who can't quite get it right all of the time. You are a great mom-just look at your kids!
As you can see Kelly, it makes us all feel 100% better about our mothering skills. Thanks for the reality check.
Hey at least you made the cupcakes! :) that is the funnest story, and you a are good mom!! Some day we can look back at these stories and laugh.
That is too funny! Is it bad that I am laughing right now? So as far as I'm concerned, you do deserve the mother of the year award because you're such a wonderful mom. Don't worry, that kind of thing happens to everyone.... especially me! :)
Post a Comment