Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh "Deer"

What are the Stubbs up to now? When Brandon brought this deer home it was 11:30 p.m. and we had to carry it to the back yard and put it in the shed. I couldn't help but laugh and wonder if any of the neighbors were watching. Here we are in the dark night, trying to be quiet and carring this "body", wrapped in plastic, out of the back of the truck to the back yard. "Ethel you better call the police, the Stubbs are up to something again!"


Brandon and the deer he took off Cedar Mountain during the muzzle loader hunt. Nice deer!

The kids were so excited to see the deer. They couldn't wait for their dad to get home with it. Cody just wished he would have been there when Brandon got it. He wants so bad to be just like his dad. He told me that he is going to ask Santa for a BB gun this year, since we won't get him one until he is 9 or 10. I told him I was going to write Santa a letter and tell him his mom said NO! He is only 7, am I a mean mom? What do you all think? How old for a BB gun?

5 comments:

by: Kim said...

I am kind of afraid of having guns in my house so my boys still don't have any real guns and they are 15 and 12. They have paintball guns and air soft guns but nothing with real bullets so if you are being a mean mom for not letting a 7 year old have a gun I am a really mean mom. I did tell them they could get one if they went to hunter safety and passed but I have never signed them up for a class yet. Maybe if we were more into hunting.

The Bonham Family said...

No you are not a mean mom. I didn't want Easton to have a BB Gun until 9 or 10 also. Aaron wanted to get him a gun when he turned 6! He actually bought him a gun last Christmas without me knowing it. AHHHHH. We we had extremely strict rules with it though. And so far so good. But I wouldn't recommend it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly! Cute blog and cute family! What is it with BB guns and boys wanting them??? My boys did the same thing, so Santa brought their dad one for Christmas one year to add to his collection of guns. That way everyone knows it's his to keep in the gun safe and dad has to be there to get it out and shoot. It has worked so far....they just bug Denver all the time to get "his" BB gun out to shoot. It's kind of funny! Good luck.

Smith Family said...

"You'll shoot your eye out!!!" Okay I couldn't resist. I agree that 9 or 10 is a good age, but I think I was 9 when we were using my younger brothers bb guns to play "tag" in the barn. SSSHHH don't tell my parents. I really like Amy's idea of Brandon getting one. That would be so cute.

Cory and Sara Jane said...

Nice Buck! Sorry I didn't make it up to bow camp. I think I got a BB Gun at 8 years old, but I could only shoot it with my dad.