Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What I've Learned Wednesday: Kids and Buttons

This morning I took the two little ones to go feed the horses and run a couple of errands. We fed the baby horse (pics coming soon)and Drey wanted to sit up front and since we just had to drive up the lane to the other horses, I told him he could. I put him in the front seat and shut the door. As I am walking around the truck I hear the doors lock. Great, the car is running and Drey and Sage are inside. He just looks up at me with the biggest smile, he was so proud to be pushing buttons in the truck, every button except the unlock one. He finally pushed the window button and I was able to unlock the door. What is it with kids and buttons?!

I loved listening to General Conference this weekend. It is always just what I need. I especially like Pres. Monson's talk about not worrying so much and enjoying life and the moment. He said something like (definitely not a direct quote sorry) when we spend our time thinking about what will happen tomorrow all we end up with is a bunch of wasted yesterdays. It made me remember how precious each and every day is no matter how hectic and crazy. I am trying to remember to slow down and enjoy my kids who are growing up so fast. I love each one of them so much and value the family time and individual time we get to spend together. Brandon and I both try to spend individual time with each of the kids, they look forward to it.

So what have I learned? 1st definitely do not put your two year old in the car alone while it is running, too many tempting buttons! 2nd never take all four kids to the store at bedtime and shop a case lot sale. What was I thinking? 3rd do not stay up until 1:30 a.m. canning tomatoes the headache the next day is not worth it! 4th slow down and enjoy the moment and make time for icecream!

Yesterday was an extra busy day and I didn't get to my tomatoes so when I got home from work at 10:30 p.m. I decided what the heck I'll can them now. Duh!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Just happens that Trevor locked me out of the car today too. But, mine wasn't running. We weren't even going anywhere. I ran to the basement and when I came back up, Trevor was missing. Long story short, I found him out in the garage playing in the car. Kids get around way too fast. He locked the doors, smiled and yelled "locked it".

Steffani said...

You're so cute and such a good mom! I wish I could be more like you!

The Bonham Family said...

We are so much a like! I stay up and do my projects all the time because I always want to do it in peace and quiet. Its easier for me to stay up than get up early. I hate that about myself because I alway regret it in the morning. Your tomatoes look so delicious. And all your festive decor in the back ground make the picture look awesome.

jilljohn said...

I love your insights! You're amazing-

The Holland Family said...

Don't you just love the satisfaction of canning? I love it. Your tomatoes look great. You're awesome!